Monday 10 October 2011

Leaders' Checklist

I've read a very interesting article the other day, although it's not about marketing, it is mainly about communication and leadership. The author - John Izzo -, transfers the idea of pilots' checklist on to leaders and comes up with a couple of items that leaders should check off at least on a weekly basis.


Probably you agree that leadership has become a buzzword in today's society, with very few managers becoming truly leaders. Maybe the reason behind this fact is that leadership is such an abstract concept in my opinion, I mean the definition ("Leadership is ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen" - Alan Keith) and everything else about it in books and speeches is idealistic. But I believe that any manager who "abides" by the respective list can get closer to being seen as a leader, because it is very practical.


With that in mind I invite you to read the original article about leaders' checklist and I challenge you to check yourself off every item on the list every week.

No comments: